20120610

Car boot sale

Whilst the other half was doing a car boot sale in Blessington I took off on my bicycle over the Sally Gap to Rathnew.  Clicking on this link should open Google Earth (if you have it installed) to show the route.  You can right click on the route to show the statistics.  I would normally have done onto Wicklow for a quick dip, but I was already cold and had to get back to help dismantle the car boot sale.

Stats (inc 6 miles from Blessington to home now shown in above link):
67 miles
41 mph maximum
11.5 mph average
1591m elevation gain
554m maximum altitude (Sally Gap)
diet - chocolate (forgot to pack the sandwiches)

I met literally hundreds of bicycles coming the other way - Wicklow 200 which route resembles an earlier ride I did this year though much longer (200km).  But then these guys (and some girls) have swish bikes and youth on their side, possibly some training too!

No comments:

Post a Comment